Villa La Maroma - Malaga
Set on a hilltop, with grounds sloping away on three sides, La Maroma enjoys panoramic views over almond and olive groves and the estate's own private vineyard. Enjoy the leafy, enclosed courtyard, with its trickling fountain and shaded pergola. It's a haven of peace and tranquility. As part of La Maroma Estate, this luxury Andalucia villa can be booked separately or together with La Caceria Lodge for a total occupancy of 14 guests.
The villa has been renovated in rustic-chic style to provide modern luxuries and comfort. But it still maintains its traditional architectural heritage. The interior design is sympathetic to local custom, featuring many Spanish antiques and local hand-crafted furnishings such as Suzani tapestries above the beds.
The many indoor and outdoor lounges and terraces, and the kidney shaped pool take full advantage of the surrounding views. Gardens full of Mediterranean and exotic plants and trees add to the overall sense of space and relaxation. The two luxury Andalucia villas on this hilltop estate, La Maroma and La Caceria Lodge, are close enough to be enjoyed together by larger groups. But both are walled in and separated by about 100 metres of mature gardens for privacy.
At La Maroma you can also enjoy special packages including a Gardens and Gastronomy tour of Andalucia, an Epicurean Spa Break and an Instant Unwind relaxation session.
- A small entrance hall opens onto the main living room with fireplace and Wi-Fi access.
- Dining room, seating 8, with fireplace and Lacanche, gourmet range cooker.
- A fully equipped kitchen includes Siemens appliances, American-style refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser.
- Bedroom 1 with 160cm bed and hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard, local antique Spanish chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles, also with hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard and a built-in dressing table and wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with 180cm bed that can be made up as two singles.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 share an adjacent bathroom with large tub, bidet and shower.
- Further down the corridor is another WC and a utility closet with washing machine. Beyond, the corridor exits into the courtyard gallery, off which sits the library and drawing room.
- The master bedroom with 160 cm bed and another Suzani tapestry, also has double doors opening onto a private terrace garden, complete with sea views, shaded sunloungers and an outdoor shower.
- The master bathroom has a large enclosed (hammam-style) tub with shower.
The library is a naturally well-lit reading room with a well-stocked wall of books and comfortable seating. A travertine marble desk serves as a work space here with Wi-Fi and other office facilities.
- From one side, the library opens directly to the centre of the courtyard and to the other side an enclosed lounge terrace with HD satellite television.
- This terrace shares a door with the adjacent drawing room terrace, a large, open (shaded) terrace with views to the sea and an oversized open fireplace.
- The attached drawing room shares the chimney for an indoor/outdoor fireplace, creating the appearance of a combined indoor/outdoor living space. The drawing room with pantry and fridge is decorated with Spanish antiques and a Chesterfield sofa for a sophisticated wind down at the end of the evening.
Please note that there is a 2m deep drop at the one side of the pool, therefore young children require supervision by an adult at all times. The pool area can be gated on advance request.Holiday Name : Villa La Maroma
Reference : A&K